Saturday, December 8, 2007

going home

i am listening to phil collins 'all of my life' right now, which is so wonderful. i am here by myself. have been for the last 3 hours. i am working on a cover i need to finish. so, i am taking advantage of that. i have been spinning cds that only i enjoy, Beausoliel, oh brother where art thou, bill monroe, big brother and the holding company, the nylons, cyndi lauper and eric clapton. i have had a wonderful time sewing and dancing and reminising. (sounds like a atlanta rythem section song).................. jovi, remember when we all went to see the nylons at the ventura theatre and they totally rocked??????????? the boys spent the day here with me. i totally love my kids. sounds terribly sappy, but when you have them you understand the feeling. sometimes you look at them and they are doing something totally normal and all you can think is how wonderful they are that they are doing it the same way you, or someone you are related to would do that same thing. one of my favorite things in life is watching my kids grow up. i hope everyone reading this has the same experience......................................

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Becks, you're a great mama.
I remember the Nylon's Concert. I thought they were totally awesome! I still love that album - or the memory of it, anyway. Sometimes I have one of their songs in my head, but I haven't heard it in over 15 years...

Jovi said...

of course i rememer the nylons concert, lol! and i almost died laughing last week when i saw on one of r's cousin's facebook pages that they are one of his favorite bands. good times.

and YES i so know what you mean about the kids...it's amazing. they are so much work and can be so frustrating, but they are also so much love and such a blessing...the balance is way, way in their favor.

albie dear said...

I also have to comment on the kids...well my kid. He is absolutely incredible. Especially when you see bits and pieces of you or family, even friends' in them.
I do not know about the Phil Collins fascination right now though Becka...it terrifies me a little bit. Also I have no idea who The Nylons are but then again I cannot remember the name of any band or song anyone sings anymore. Pretty pathetic, especially because of where I am employed. Hahaha.