Saturday, October 11, 2008

dylan the great

i have a customer named dylan who is 4 years old. his uncle works at shimmer marine and i have known for a few years now. dylan won a back pack in a bike a thon at preschool awhile back and the strap was broken the first time he used it. dylans uncle brought me the back pack and i fixed it and returned it. dylan came in with the most wonderful thank you card and it is still on my wall. well, the backpack broke again in another spot so in he came with it himself this time. i fixed it and he was thrilled. so he came in a few minutes ago with brownies, a ghost he made from his foot and some googly eyes for halloween and a card he made himself. he is such a thankful and wonderful boy. it is nice to see parents teaching their kids to say thankyou. that is my feel good story of the day.

3 comments:

Chef Rachel Main said...

How adorable is that? I love the things kids offer as thank you gifts. It's so fun to see what they value.

We had a friend from Pakistan who would always bring over gifts any time he came to our house. He'd bring me perfumes and vases. He'd bring Laine shirts, chapstick on lanyards, and lots of writing pens.

albie dear said...

I love it! Dylan sounds pretty great...and you and I have always agreed that good manners go a long way. I love that he made a ghost out of his foot...I think that is my favorite part!

Jovi said...

that is so sweet! i agree, wonderful to read about/see people doin' it right with their kids...