Saturday, November 22, 2008

music appreciation

i am here alone today so the stero is only playing what i want it to. makes for such a great day. i am partying with bob dylan, blood on the tracks, right now. i wore out the cassette, am on my second cd which is about done and my record player is having issues without the receiver working at the moment. so, i think i should get another cd for the moment, but there are always so many others that jump out at me when i go. i always forget what i went after until i put on my dying albums. last night i wound up with 6 new cds, none of which were the 3 worn out ones i was out to replace. so, rule of thumb-- don't let becka go music shopping without a list! speaking of music shopping, i found the find of my life in llano texas. i got an original long john baldry album produced on one side by rod stewart and the other side by elton john. it is my all time favorite album EVER and i have nearly worn out my dads copy, so i was so excited to find this one. i had been looking for 15 years for another one. sometimes you round the corner and get smacked by something wonderful. good times.

No comments: