Sunday, March 22, 2009

humor.

so jule douglas (and all of my boys, really) are like me and don't give a crap about what they wear or if it is fashionable (except owen, who does care but his idea of fashionable is askewed) so they put on whatever they want and i don't care as long at it is clean. (which is a battle by they way.) so, jule gets dressed the other day in his black and grey striped polo style shirt, blue basketball shorts and orange and black striped knee-high socks scrunched down with his running shoes. i said " are you sure you want to wear those shorts with that shirt?" and he asked why which i explained to him that his shorts didn't match and he informed me that they did and i said that jean shorts would be a better choice to which he replied "mom, i don't have any striped shorts!" so, i thought it best to leave it at that and be happy that he doesn't own striped shorts.

4 comments:

Jovi said...

yeah, i think no striped shorts is def for the best ;) hey, zion is wearing one of your boy's handmedown shirts in his school pics today!

albie dear said...

That is where you and I differ Becka...I would not let Harrison step out of the house...I have in the past explained to Harrison that he is representing me/our family to the public and I do not care what he thinks...though I do budge at times since I want him to get some sense of individuality...hahaha...Jule and striped shorts...I love it.

BirdEtt said...

striped shirt with striped shorts sounds super trippy!
give the boys hugs and kisses. i have some paint brushes and a canvas to send to ian with your sweater and cds.
i went running this morning. i did two 15's with 2 minutes of walking in between. i wanted to poop my pants but i made it home safely.
xoxo

Unknown said...

funny! Jule has an interesting idea of what matching means. He was definitely matching patterns, though. that is totally cool.
is he color blind?
also, you're incredibly colorful and a bit chaotic...he was definitely honoring you in picking out those clothes! maybe he just wanted to feel hugged by his momma all day long.