Tuesday, September 22, 2009

clawing..................

i can't seem to rid myself of the overwheming sense of frustration i have developed as of late. i have my schedule full daily to keep my mind from wandering into places it shouldn't, but i am not exercising out the worry the way i used to be able to. i am literally clawing up the ladder, fighting anyone and anything trying to bring my world down. i am fighting the economy just like every other business owner in this country. lake havasu had the highest rate of unemployment in october and november 08 in the entire country and we still have not recovered. i am staring at empty boat manufacturers across the street from me every day. they are operating on skeleton crews just to sell existing boats - new production ended last year......... i want to know why bank of america would rather forclose on me than renegociate my 2300$ a month morgage payment part of which is at an 11% interest rate. people are getting between 2-4% and i am willing to pay my 6.75% i have, just drop the 11% one and roll it into one loan........ this is common sense, or so i beleive it to be........ i am very fortunate that i do have business coming in the door everyday. my competitors are struggling just to get their phones to ring and i don't want to be in their shoes, or even the same brand for that matter. i keep telling myself that if we can keep our heads above water - even mostly- we can keep from drowning problem is that i am not in the water, i have been pushed off a damn cliff and i am clawing back to the top but my fingernails have worn thin and i am not sure how much longer i can hold on........ watch out though, i am one tough bitch!

3 comments:

albie dear said...

I hate to say that I know how you feel...well because I did for a little while there...gosh I wish I could help you and or make the stupid bank well...figure it out. Just so you know I am here for you just as you are always there for me. xo keep your chin up...you tough bitch.

Chef Rachel Main said...

becks, i feel you, sis. and i know that you are a fighter - more importantly, you always work to find a solution to things. I know you're working double duty on that right now. I hope the head above water scenario works out - for all of us! love you!

Robin Rentrope said...

Becka, you really need to come to Phoenix on any day Oct 5 - 8. NACA (neighborhood assistance corporation of american) will be in town and they work with people to get their mortgages reduced. You would speak to a NACA representative with your paperwork and then they will work something out and send you to the bank representative to sign all of the official renegotiation paperwork. So, it's all done in one day, and they are able to get through all of the steps better than banks. The banks, surprisingly, do not have the knowledge to get to the money for homeowners, so NACA sets it all up, and they bring in the banks so that you can have it all official and finished in one day. Look it up online. Aaron's parents and sister are going because the banks aren't able to do much for them either. But NACA helped reduce mortgages for 15,000 homeowners in Chicago in two days, so I think it would definitely be worth your taking a day away from work. Let me know if you need more info.