Saturday, February 23, 2008

going back to go foward


so we have a customer that has a problem with decision making. so, we have been working on his boat seats which i finished really quickly but he has gotten rid of the back to backs and opted for custom captains chairs. we are now finishing them up (finally) after building two totally differnt sets and making several changes to each set. he couldn't decide what he wanted. so, that is what i did today. remake new skins for the new set. i think these are the ones in his head though. we can build anything, but we have to know what people want. if they can't tell us, we wind up doing the over and over thing which doesn't serve well by time or money. on the upside, i did book in several more jobs today. still looking for someone to help here.

so , the picture is of the new style he has decided on and i will be tomorrow to work on some other projects. it is cold here so i am going home to feed my short people and make a fire in the fireplace!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

is that a short person i see in the photo behind the chair?
Tell me about guessing what people's vision is...sometimes I have a client who wants something fabulous but can't really guide me after that. I end up deciding that they hired me, so whatever i think is fabulous goes. sometimes I'm right.
once again, Becka, awesome work.
love you.

BirdEtt said...

i'm totally both of yours and rachel's worst nightmare client! :) I am constantly working to better express myself so that I can say what I want, especially in a situation where I have something vested.
The chair looks awesome, though. Enjoy the fire and I can't wait until you get a break to just relax... I'll keep wishing this for you. Love ya!

Jovi said...

wow, super annoying, lol. glad it seems worked out, and the chair does look great!