Friday, May 16, 2008

my great brother and some stuff.

this is my brother douglas, which is one of the hardest workers i know. he is an incredible welder and fabricator, taught by my dad. i took this picture yesterday because i was infatuated with the amount of grease he attracts daily. he is getting married june 7th. amazing how time flies. my brother is one of the most wonderful people i know.
corian countertop on an upholstered built-in aluminum cooler box we fabricated out of an old potty closet in the cuddy of a fountain boat. we cut down the bulk head to open up the space (not structurallly changing anything as far as stregnth wise) and made this. we obviously still have to carpet under it.
embroidery on captains chairs which are totally baseball stitched and beautiful.

4 comments:

Jovi said...

damn, how'd your brother get so big??

(btw, he's your brother WHO is one of the hardest workers you know...not which. the grammar, it controls me! *hides under rock*)

love you :D

albie dear said...

Hahaha, maybe it is a sign because I know that my dad and your dad were beacons for dirt...and Jason is covered everyday he comes home from work... I blame him that I can no longer keep my whites white...if the man is dirty he is a hard worker. Comes with the territory, I guess. Congrats to Douglas and his fiance.

Unknown said...

nice pic of douglas. Looks like him...I think...under all that grease...it's been so long since I've seen him clean, though...ha ha.

Nice work, Becks, and kudos for the orchids shout out.

BirdEtt said...

Dougalash. Love him. I always hated it when he would chase me around the house after work with his dirty hands. That, and his bugars. I hated it when he would wipe his bugars on me. That, and when he would sit on me and fart. Boys are gross. But we love him anyway.
Nice Fountain boat chairs!