Thursday, May 15, 2008

spring cleaning

my soon to be sister-in-law (rachel), has been working for me for about a month now. one of her many assets is that she is an organizational wizard. she cleaned and totally re-organized my office and now we can 1. walk, 2. find what we are looking for, 3. get to the water dispenser without tripping over many things that don't belong there and lots that do, 4. display the sample books so customers and us can find them, 5. water the plants easily, and 6. have the tv\ vcr where the kids can see it on long days here. amazing what alittle time and some elbow grease will do. we are still busy and seem to be on a smoother production scale since we got some good employees. things really seem to be running with less agravation. we are finishing up the large fountain job that we have been working on for the last month and are getting excited about getting that boat back to its home. this morning i went to run, ran out of time so i had to get to my referrals meeting right away (it starts at 6:15) so i showed up in my running cloths all sweaty and no make-up hair not brushed and had to be the greeter for the morning. then, i had to come straight here so i still have on my running attire and am anxiously awaiting my bath tonight. we made the orchids and onions section of the newspaper again this morning which is always wonderful. it read: orchids to mike and becka at main stitch upholstery on lake havasu avenue for recovering our handicapped son's seats for his cart. you did a beautiful job, and we appreciate it. it is always nice to get a thank- you. hope you are all having a wonderful evening!

2 comments:

Jovi said...

aww, i love the orchid! so nice to help people out :) and YAY for (other) rachel for getting things tidy. amazing what a difference that makes. i know this bc i so rarely experience it....:P

BirdEtt said...

That's so awesome Rachel is working at The Main Stitch! I didn't know this. Very cool that she organized b/c I know how much you like things tidy but I also know how little time you have to do it. And, congrats on the recognition. You're doing awesome and I love you lots!!