Monday, July 14, 2008

kingman race

kelly and i ran in kingman saturday morning. it was the del e webb wellness run (5K). short, but fun. it was such a nice day too because the weather is cooler up there (it was 77 at 6:30 when we started). the humidity was high (94%), but the coolness was a nice break. we ran the havasu 5K course this morning which is much harder. it is out at sara park and all up and down, no straight parts. nice run though. it always feels nice to finish something difficult. we are getting business from the website already. one guy said that was how he found us and he is a californian. my roof at the house is finished short of the new swamp cooler going on that we are waiting for and mike let me pay a guy to clean the yard up of all of the shingles since i have a fractured back, so i did. (toothless ralph) did a great job, cleaned the entire yard and swept under my oleanders. i would recommend him to anyone. he was very honest and came back even though i paid him before he finished. the guys doing my pantry were there all weekend and only have to texture and paint before they finish hanging the shelves. i am very excited about the extra space i am going to have! we are going to vail on thursday for uncle jack and aunt joannes 50th wedding anniversary. we will have fun up there and get to see lots of family we haven't gotten to see for a long time.

5 comments:

BirdEtt said...

I wish I could make it to the anniversary! The weather will be awesome.
I'm also very happy to find out that the website is bringing you extra business.
Say hello to Toothless Ralph:)

BirdEtt said...

Additionally, you should have Dad and Patti update their blog page.

Jessica said...

Congrats on completing the Kingman race. You are such a stud! Hey, will you email me your address? I have a birth announcement to send to you but don't know where to send it.
Thanks!!

Jovi said...

go you on the race! kickin' ass and taking names...

Unknown said...

Yea big sis!
Pantry? Where is that? Did you add it on, turn an old space into something else?
i agree with Bird that D&P need to get on their blog big time. Put a buzz in their ear.
Also very happy to read that you're asking how peeps hear of/find you and that your website is working for you! Yea!
Hope you're having a blast in CO. I wish I could be there, and I'm jealous right now.