Tuesday, July 8, 2008

not a big fat whiner baby!

so i have thought for the last few weeks that i am a big fat whiner baby and my back just hurts. we have been stripping off my roof and loading it for the last few weeks (as well as working and running) so i just thought my back hurts and it will get better. well, that is not the case. i finally broke down monday and went to my dads chiro (which i never have because you have to make and appointment) and it was the best thing i have ever done. i fractured a disk in my spine and it was not healing itself because it was so messed up and i haven't laid off of it. so, i can still run (but not with the dog) and no more roof stripping or lifting with my back. only leg lifting. he said i am very lucky that i did not break it. so , back tomorrow, i already feel better, but it does hurt. it is a changed hurt now though and not a stagnant one. so i am running a 5K (tiny fun run) in kingman this saturday and am not going to be a whiner baby and not go. if i am going to run in december, i have to keep going. half marathon in vegas in december. kelly and i are going to run it together.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

glad you went. keep going until you feel all better, ok? your back is really important.
love.

BirdEtt said...

wow, the vegas run will be so much fun! when in december is it?
i hope your back gets better. my hips are hurting again but i think they're just telling me to exercise so i did pilates this morning before work.
love you.

Jovi said...

yeah man. and i clearly AM a big fat baby, cause i don't think i'd be running right now if i were you! but i'm lazy like that. hell, i don't run period, and my back is fine *knockonwood*.