Thursday, September 4, 2008

boys

i took ian to the referrals club meeting with me this morning because he had a fasting blood test to do before school. so, we walk in and i show him where to sit and go to do my fundraising part. i look over and he is up shaking everyones hands and talking like an adult like he has been there many times. he was not bashful at all. AT ALL. he asked for a go box for his food, got in the line and sat across the table from me next to my guest from shimmer marine. he was thrilled to be there and had a great time.


so i just picked up owen and jule from school. this is the conversation in the truck. me- "so did you and davis let the girls chase you guys today?"

owen- "no, we don't play that anymore. we play racers now."

me-" oh, how do you play that."

jule from the back seat-" i am on the devils team"

owen-"i am on the devils oreos team. we race eachother."

me-" so who else is on your team?'"

owen-"about 7 people. we race everybody"

jule-" i am on my own team."

owen-"yeah, jule is a one man team."

jule "i am the only one who is fast on the team so i am the only one who counts"

owen-"yeah, jule is the only one who can beat us. sometimes he gets second."

this was funny to listen to. these guys are so full of personality. i wonder where they got that from.........................

2 comments:

Jovi said...

wow, ian is getting to be so grown up! and owen and jule sound hilarious...gotta see y'all IRL one of these days!

BirdEtt said...

Um... they have Main blood. Aaron said it's strong:) Ian is awesome and intelligent beyond his years. Seems like any awkwardness that a lot of people perceive is at a stage where it can translate itself to maturely voicing his ideas and the increasingly important world of networking. Yay! I'm glad it was able to shine:) Warms my heart.
And Owen and Jule are absolutely hilarious. I love that Jule is his team and that Owen is proud of him..... and, that he can get first place even when he gets second:)