Saturday, September 13, 2008

mama monkey

years ago (nearly 8 to be exact) my friend amber had a son. he was (is) a good son and she wanted to make him something very special. so, the legend of mama monkey was born. now i was ahead of her in kidmaking, so my kids missed out on their own special versions and i have been giving amber a hard time about not having one at our house for awhile now. so, for my birthday/wedding gift she made me my very own special mama monkey which is displayed on my mantle (yes, next to the abraham lincoln bookends). mama monkey is happy next to abe, they are friends. my kids are in love with her and are awaiting their own to love.
my favorite shoes for work. they are like tennis shoes and sandals together and protect my tosies from harm. and, they have blue flowers. huge selling point for me.

5 comments:

Jovi said...

nice shoes! are they keens?

also, that is a badass monkey. does amber make those??

BirdEtt said...

amber is an awesome friend. that monkey is cool. you have skinny feet. love you.

BirdEtt said...

and no you're not paying me for christmas cards... i owe you for several things (birthday, wedding...).

Chef Rachel Main said...

what is the legend of mamma monkey? your shoes and feet look beautiful.

albie dear said...

You guys are sweet! I love to make MamaMonkeys...I actually posted a blog on my site telling the story of MamaMonkey...you can view it here http://ambermisfit.blogspot.com/2008/05/mamamonkey-went-to-spa.html

if you have a minute...enjoy!